151 Lawrence Street 4th Floor Brooklyn New York 11201
Position: Educational Director – Pre-K Laurie Cumbo Children’s Enrichment Center
Reports to: Division Director
Location: Fort Green, Brooklyn, NY
Hours/Schedule: Full Time Monday – Friday
Salary Range: $72,500 – $72,500
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
The Brooklyn Community Services Laurie A. Cumbo Children’s Enrichment Center serves 66 children in 3-K and Pre-K. For 20 years, the center has been a crucial resource for thousands of residents in Fort Greene and the surrounding area, offering affordable and educationally rich childhood education to children. The brand new state-of-the art center is fully licensed and accredited and provides a great resource for families.
Our Early Childhood education program is designed to enhance the physical, social, emotional, cognitive, and language development of young children through high-quality educational and social services for themselves and their families. The Educational Director supervises and supports the operations of the preschool and professional development of teachers, ensures proper implementation of the Creative Curriculum, NYS Common Core Goals, and assesses children’s progress by creating a culture of professional learning and development.
- Provide consistent supervision and management for all aspects of high quality program services delivery to clients from vulnerable populations in accordance with funder and regulatory requirements; best practices; BCS policies and Core Values. Serve as a role model to all stakeholders.
- Responsible for meeting contractual obligations of meeting enrollment
- Ensure full compliance with all requirements and conditions of funding and regulatory agencies, including NYC Department of Education, NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
- Track and report information documenting utilization of programs and outcomes
- Ensure a safe, happy, nurturing, and stimulating environment for children.
- Manage and coordinate curricula with staff that complies with state and federal requirements.
- Ensure that center facilities are safe for children and comply with laws and regulations including DOE, DOHMH, and FDNY.
- Evaluate and purchase materials, equipment, and supplies.
- Manage and support teaching staff and promote their professional development.
- Interview, hire, and train new staff members, ensuring they meet all policies and legal requirements.
- Complete ongoing training and courses to remain up-to-date on preschool standards and procedures.
- Communicate and meet with parents and families regarding their children and the center’s policies.
- Manage and oversee the budget and accounts .
- Develop partnerships with volunteers, community organizations, and vendors to develop a wide range of activities according to the curriculum and DOHMH guidelines.
Education/Literacy & Staff Development:
- Provide lesson planning support and educational professional coaching to teachers
- Ensure full implementation of the curriculum with a focus on child-centered, play-based, developmentally appropriate learning and instruction.
- Collaborate with teachers to ensure best practices in early childhood literacy. Ensure full utilization of Teaching Strategies Gold to measure children’s progress
- Observe classrooms frequently and develop and implement interventions based on observations
- Plan, develop, and implement staff training and individual staff development plans to ensure quality services
Community outreach and engagement:
- Develop relationships with families and engage in continual communication, especially regarding transition planning and community resources
- Conduct outreach to other community programs; develop program linkages; network to ensure broad community awareness of the program, thus achieving full program utilization
- Conduct outreach to ensure full enrollment of the program
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in Early Childhood Education or Childhood Education
- NYS Permanent Teaching Certification (Birth-2 or N-6)
- Minimum of three years teaching experience
- Demonstrated ability to organize and maintain record-keeping systems
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Collaborate and cooperate as part of a team
- Ability to build relationships with parents and families
- Fingerprinting, criminal background check, and SCR /PETs background clearance required
- Knowledgeable in NYS Common Core, Creative Curriculum and Teaching Strategies Gold.
- CLASS certification
- Experience with ECERS-R, ITERS-R, FCERS-R
- Familiarity with online systems: Vendor Portal, Aspire, Protraxx, etc.
- Familiarity with developmental screenings (ESI, Denver, ASQ)
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
BCS and Turning Point require that all employees entering the workplace be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless an exemption is granted as a medical or religious accommodation.
BCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities