Operation Unite NY 360 Columbia Street Hudson, NY, 12534 Google Maps
OUNY is looking for a Youth Program Coordinator to manage Youth In Action: Earn to Learn, Hudson’s premier workforce development program for youth ages 16-19. The Youth Program Coordinator will also assist Executive Director in development efforts, including grant writing and grants management. This position will work closely with the Executive Director.
The successful candidate will have interpersonal and leadership skills to motivate and inspire volunteer staff and youth teams to deliver maximum performance and achieve organizational objectives. They should be familiar with Operation Unite New York’s values and the community that we serve. In addition, they should be able to demonstrate their ability to
• Work independently as well as within a team environment.
• Take initiative, multi-task, and work positively.
• Show an aptitude for learning new skills.
• Be flexible to a schedule that varies often according to the upcoming programs and include evenings and weekends for trips.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Planning youth development and special programs from start to completion, including deadlines, milestones and processes.
• Supervising youth development and special programs with subordinate staff and youth participants.
• Work within the guidelines and mission of the organization while assisting Executive Director to maintain an environment that fosters mutual respect and youth development.
• Steward current grants to ensure proper fulfillment of all grant requirements.
• Maintain a grants calendar of deadlines, including application and reporting deadlines and requirements.
• Research potential grant opportunities, working closely with Executive Director to identify projects or partnerships that enhance the mission of OUNY.
• Assist Executive Director to write proposals for new grant opportunities.
• Prepare grant budgets and comply with OUNY’s reporting procedures.
• Oversee record keeping of program activities, accomplishments, and audience attendance, in order to assist Executive Director to evaluate effectiveness of programs.
The successful candidate will demonstrate
• Leadership skills.
• Organizational skills.
• The ability to plan.
• Administrative and clerical skills.
• People skills, including excellent written and verbal communication.
• Must be willing to train and learn new skills.
• Reliable, resourceful and enjoy working with youth in a leadership position.
• Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
1) A Bachelor of Arts in Community Youth Development or Child Development or related studies, and two years’ experience in grant writing and funding initiatives or
2) in the process of obtaining a bachelor’s degree in Youth Development, two years’ experience working with youth in a supervisory capacity and demonstrates experience in writing funding proposals and verbal skills or
3) An Associate degree, Positive Youth Development Training or willingness to complete on the job Youth Development Training, three years’ experience working
Submit cover letter and resume to the attention firstname.lastname@example.org P.O. Box 1305 Hudson, New York, 12534 Google Maps