Sunnyside Community Services, Inc. 43-31 39th Street Sunnyside, New York, 11104 Google Maps
Sunnyside Community Services serves a diverse community of over 16,000 people of all ages, ethnicities, and income levels throughout Queens. Approximately 2,500 students participate in SCS youth programs, which range from pre-kindergarten elementary after-school and summer camp programs, Beacon Community Centers, a Cornerstone program in public housing, and jobs and college readiness programming, amongst others. Immigrants receive support services to be able to live as full members of the community, including free immigration legal services, English for Speakers of Other Languages and benefits access. For at-risk older adults, SCS offers a full range of services, which includes social adult day care for individuals with Alzheimer’s, home care and home health aide training, and a vibrant senior center.
The Associate Executive Director for Youth and Immigrant Services manages the community service division’s array of diverse youth and immigrant programs; participates as a senior-level member of the executive team that manages the organization; and works toward an integrated program model that maintains and expands the continuum of services for the benefit of participants. The Associate Executive Director reports to the Executive Director and directly supervises the youth development leadership team which will include 3-5 directors, and the Director of Adult and Immigrant Services. The position will have a strong connection to contract management and data/evaluation work.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned professional with experience managing multi-tiered teams and working as part of an executive team. They will be looked to for leadership both at the program level and the organization overall. Further, the AED must be a strong manager with leadership vision, a sense of entrepreneurship and proven operations and budget management skills.
The AED must be capable of integrating smoothly into the senior management team at SCS and fit into the organization’s collaborative and inclusive culture. The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, a hands-on management style, an ability to listen and be inclusive of ideas, and be able to work collaboratively with staff and leadership to address and solve problems or issues as they arise.
● Master’s degree in a related field
● Minimum of 10 years’ experience working in social services, government or related field. Experience with youth and immigrant programs is preferred but successful candidates may come from a variety of service backgrounds. Ideally, the candidate will have strong background within a multi-service environment
● Adept at prioritizing multiple and varied responsibilities
● Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal, relationship-building and networking skills
● Ability to track and report on data is essential. Salesforce experience is a plus
● Tech savvy with strong computer skills and experience in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
SCS offers an Excellent Benefits Package:
· Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
· 403B pension plan with employer contribution
· Flexible spending account and transit checks
· Employee Assistance Program
· 12 paid Holidays
· 1 sick day per month
· 18 vacation days per year
· 5 personal/floating days
· Life Insurance
· Long-term disability
All positions at Sunnyside Community Services are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.
Please note that if hired, SCS requires all employees to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
Location is convenient to public transportation (a 10-minute subway ride from Grand Central.)
For more information about Sunnyside Community Services, please visit their website at www.scsny.org
Please e-mail your application to Melissa Vitale Please put “AED of Youth and Immigrant Services” in the subject line of your e-mail.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $111,000.00 – $130,000.00 per year