WNY STEM Hub 229 W. Genesee Street PO Box 462 Buffalo, New York, 14021 Google Maps
WNY STEM Hub seeks a dynamic, high-energy individual to learn and develop skills associated with preparing for, working with, and coaching children ages seven and above in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) principles and concepts. This part-time position will work during morning and afternoon shifts to ensure WNY STEM Hub programming reaches our high standards of quality and execution. You will work with our interns and other staff to prepare engagements in STEM principles while helping them assemble and program Lego kits, Arduinos, Raspberry PI, and other STEM resources. The ideal candidate will have an educational background, a love for science and technology, and a great desire to help educate our youth in STEM-related fields and careers.
Responsibilities and Duties: Assists instructor, including but not limited to the following areas of responsibility:
● Provide assistance, mentoring, and guidance for students ages seven plus.
● Preparation for area STEM events testing activities, preparing information for facilitators or serving as facilitators, readying/cataloging supplies
● In a fun, excitement-induced environment, assist instructors of STEM principles
● Willing to learn the essence of The Engineering Design Process or Method
● Be prepared to explain introductory principles of Engineering and Science disciplines
● Be trained to deliver Robotics and technology programming (Lego, Drones, Raspberry PI, and Arduino)
● Be trained to deliver 3-D modeling and Printing programming
● Maintain reliable transportation to be on time for scheduled events.
● Be responsible for children’s well-being with an instructor’s aid. Some physical work is required (Lifting, cutting, moving)
● Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
● Energetic, creative, and enthusiastic character
● Organized, reliable, punctual, and independent
● Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work well with people of all ages from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures
● Good written and oral communication skills
● Ability to learn new topics and technologies quickly
● Knowledge of and experience with Raspberry Pi and Arduino technology and Python programming language (desired, but not necessary)
● Ability to read and follow directions
● Should generally understand how to assemble things.
Submit cover letter and resume to the attention firstname.lastname@example.org