Claremont & Roosevelt elementary after-school program 2 Claremont Rd Ossining, New York, 10562 Google Maps
We have 3 different Sites, and you may choose to work at the one which best suits your talents/experience:
– Grades 1st – 4th at Claremont Elementary in Ossining. Time: Arrival: 2:30 – 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM
– 5th Grade at Roosevelt Elementary School in Ossining. Time: Arrival: 3:00 – 3:30 PM to 6:00 PM
Under the supervision of the Site Supervisor or his/her designees, a YDP supervises programs and activities in structured, specialized program spaces. YDPs assist Youth Development Specialists (YDS) with content areas including but not limited to Education, Social Recreation, Cultural Arts, Sports & Fitness, Outdoor Recreation, and STEM.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Prepare Youth for Success
– Promote program participation.
– Provide guidance and role modeling to youth.
– Provide a safe environment through clear rules and expectations.
– Provide homework assistance and high-yield fun learning activities during Power Hour.
– Help set up materials and redirect youth when appropriate.
– Assist Youth Development Specialist during programming.
Supervision & Safety
– Ensure a productive and collaborative work environment by participating in planned staff meetings and training.
– Inspect program areas daily or any safety precautions prior to youth entering the area.
– Monitor youth while in unstructured program areas.
– Follow all company and OCFS guidelines, regulations, policies, and procedures.
– May organize and/or participate in special events.
– Demonstrate a high standard of professionalism, effective communication, personal motivation, and interpersonal skills with members, peers, supervisors, parents, volunteers, and the general public.
– Other duties as assigned.
Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club youth, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines and instructions; instruct; and advise/counsel.
External: Support external contact as instructed with community groups, schools, members’ parents, public stakeholders, and others as directed by the supervisor. Maintain a good reputation and moral conduct outside of work, in the community, and on social media networks.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
This position may involve lifting, bending, standing, walking, sitting, talking, hearing, reaching, and grasping. Must be able to demonstrate and/or describe activities to youth. This position works around youth and adults with moderate exposure to noise. This position will work both indoors and outdoors.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
– High school diploma or GED, some higher education strongly preferred.
– Experience in youth development, human development, recreation, education or related field.
– Must pass National Criminal Background Check and OCFS Clearance.
– Experience in working with youth, experience with groups of youth preferred.
o Ability to motivate youth, manage behavior problems, and keep youth engaged in activities.
o Ability to be consistent and encourage honesty, responsibility, fairness, sportsmanship, and respect for all involved.
o Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment.
o Ability to plan and implement quality programs for groups of youth.
– Ability to be flexible and adapt in a work environment that changes often.
– CPR and First AID Certifications preferred, required within 6 months of hired date.
All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills, and/or ability to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Individuals may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation.
As the direct representative of the Boys and Girls Club of New Rochelle, it is important that you carry yourself in a professional manner. Your mannerisms, conversations, and dress must professional and appropriate. During hours of operations, all personal items (jackets, coats, bags, phones) must be left in a secure area designated for staff by the Site Supervisor.
Submit cover letter and resume to the attention email@example.com 79 Seventh St New Rochelle, New York, 10801 Google Maps