Family Service Society of Yonkers 30 South Broadway Yonkers, New York, 10701 Google Maps
Family Service Society of Yonkers (FSSY) is a community-based nonprofit organization that has served residents of Westchester and the surrounding area for over 130 years. We provide comprehensive services and programs for individuals and families of diverse backgrounds and ages.
Position: After School Youth Assistant
The Youth Assistant will deliver a range of age-appropriate activities in an after school program designed to improve the social, emotional, and academic skills of students in one of our sites within Yonkers Public Schools. Students will range from grades K-8. The program runs approximately from 2:30-6:00pm, Monday-Friday beginning in September and ending June 2023. Free parking is available. The sites are also easily accessible by public transportation. Youth Assistants report to the Program Director and Site Coordinator.
· Support Program Director and Site Coordinator
· Supervise 10-15 students daily
o Help maintain the safety and well-being of students throughout program participation
· Provide academic support to the school day curriculum through curricula focusing on literacy, STEM and entrepreneurship.
· Assist in literacy/homework help
· Lead or assist in enrichment, recreation, and social and emotional skill programs designed to increase self-esteem and teach life skills
· Support volunteers
· Attend team meetings and training sessions, parent meetings and other assigned meetings
· Other duties as assigned by the Program Director and Site Coordinator
Candidate must be 18 years or older with a HS Diploma
Some college preferred
Experience working with children under 13 years of age, includes babysitting
Must be available from 2:30-6:15pm, Monday through Friday
Looking for persons who are energetic and flexible, with a passion for improving the lives of youth
$17.00 per hour/17.5 hours a week
Job Types: Part-time
High school or equivalent (Required)
Submit Resume ToJruiz@fssy.orghttps://www.indeed.com/job/youth-assistant-afterschool-38d13f9057833632 New York Google Maps