Tri-Valley Elementary School 34 Moore Hill Road Grahamsville, New York, 12740 Google Maps
The Pre-K Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the Pre-K and Kindergarten students in the Frost Valley YMCA afterschool program. This person will also oversee the maintenance of an orderly, safe and enjoyable program in all designated program spaces by implementing programs, helping and supervising students before and during all after school programs in accordance with New York State Child Care policies and working directly with parents to ensure a high quality program.
This position works Monday-Friday, from 2:45p.m – 6:00 p.m, for about 20-29 hours a week.
The School-Age Child Care Program does not operate on ½ days, unplanned early dismissal days or days that all afterschool activities are canceled.
● Role model and encourage staff and students to exemplify Frost Valley YMCA Core Values (Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, Stewardship, Diversity, Inclusiveness and Community).
● Provide supervision and leadership to all Pre-K students and staff
● Create and communicate rosters, schedules and program documents with parents, Tri-Valley School District and Frost Valley YMCA.
● In conjunction with the Program Director, help structure program, plan and implement crafts, activities, and games, maintain records, and completing and submitting reports
● Physically willing and able to play active games with children, and move objects/furniture to set up program spaces.
● Efficiently redirect inappropriate student behaviors and implement the program discipline system to effectively monitor and guide proper student behavior.
● Report any concerns and questions regarding the program (students, parents, equipment needs, supplies, other staff, volunteers, etc.) to the Community Programs Director.
● Ensure that all facilities, program equipment and supplies are maintained.
● Be a visible and participatory partner of the School-Age Child Care staff team.
● Maintain a positive work environment for staff cooperation and problem solving.
● Identify and respond to any environmental and other hazards that occur.
● Respond when necessary to emergency situations requiring First Aid and coordination of medical attention.
● Support the mission of the Frost Valley YMCA.
● Other duties as assigned.
− Minimum of Associate’s Degree in Child Development, Elementary Education, Physical Education, Recreation or related field or New York State Children’s Program Administrator credential or School Age Child Care credential or two years of college with 18 credits in Child Development, Elementary Education, Physical Education, Recreation or related field.
− Two years direct experience working with children less than 13 years of age, including at least one year in a supervisory capacity in a child care program or related field of work.
− Able to work well with a team of others and possess good communication skills.
− Able to pass fingerprint/background check prior to start date, as well as state-mandated physical examination.
− Possess First Aid, CPR and AED certification (can be earned upon hire at Frost Valley).
Submit cover letter and resume to the attention of 34 Moore Hill Road Grahamsville, New York, 12740 Google Maps