The Brotherhood Sister Sol 512 west 143rd New York, New York, 10031 Google Maps
POSITION SUMMARY The Accountant Associate will be responsible for key weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting activities. These activities will include processing and properly coding all accounting transactions, reconciling financial statements and accounts, vendor onboarding, and ensuring data accuracy.
The Accountant Associate will report to the Controller and work closely with program directors.
● Accounts Payable: Input and pay invoices, credit card statements, receipts, and reimbursements – reconcile vendor statements and vendors management
● Accounts Receivable: Assist with invoice preparation and track support pledged and other receivables ● Reconcile credit card statements and accounts, and ensure data accuracy
● Review financial records, processes, and accounts to ensure accuracy
● Reconcile bank accounts by compiling, organizing, and balancing financial information
● Correct coding errors and posts journal entry adjustments
● Update and maintain general ledger accounts
● Partner with Controller to ensure accurate and adequate paper and electronic document retention ● Provide support during annual fiscal audit.
● Perform any other fiscal duties or tasks as assigned or required
● 5+ years of proven experience in areas mentioned above;
● Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business. Master’s degree welcomed.
● Must have technical and computational accounting skills as well as an understanding of US GAAP and applicable industry standards.
● Must be detail-oriented with strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
● Adaptive to a dynamic, rapidly growing work environment.
● Highly entrepreneurial, self-motivated, resourceful and flexible;
● Computer literacy, including proficiency in Microsoft Office;
● Knowledge of Sage Intacct, Bill.com, Tallie is a plus
● Committed to mission of Bro Sis