The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Vanderbilt YMCA is seeking a qualified applicant who, under the supervision of the Program Coordinator, will play a critical role in providing youth workforce development and developing workforce readiness. The Job Developer’s day to day will be a diverse mix of outcome planning, participant meetings, internship development, career coaching, counseling, and site monitoring. The Job Developer is responsible for meeting all deliverables relating to program funding streams. This position works collaboratively, under general direction and is expected to determine how to accomplish tasks.
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of participants in the program, by providing close supervision of all activities.
- Plan and implement work readiness programming for all participants based on need.
- Help participants develop necessary employability skills for internship success.
- Document, track, and maintain regular progress of participants. Provide feedback regarding participant progress as needed.
- Identify/create job opportunities for participants and match qualified participants with these employment opportunities.
- Develop relationships with employers, successfully placing participants into jobs and providing on going retention services and supports to both the employer and the participant.
- Serve as a positive role model for participants.
- Assist participants in developing self-confidence and self-efficacy.
- Work cooperatively with professional staff, teachers, and other program and school staff.
- Ensure the cleanliness of program space during all activities.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with parents and guardians through regular communication about their child’s strengths and areas of growth.
- Promote an inclusive, welcoming, and respectful environment that embraces the diversity of all participants.
- Understand and communicate the YMCA’s core values and the goals of the SYEP Program to participants.
- Adhere to all Department of Health, Department of Youth and Community development and YMCA of Greater New York standards.
- Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings, and special events, as appropriate.
- Other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members.
- Follow and maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Associate degree in Education or a related field. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of related experience working in the field of youth development or youth workforce development and developing worksites, providing career coaching and counseling, and working in the field of youth workforce development.
- General knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please complete our online application and submit your résumé and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization.
** New Requirement**
All potential YMCA of Greater New York employees are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Please use the “Additional Attachment” section on the online application to upload your proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities
YMCA OF GREATER NEW YORK | Where there's a Y, there’s a way.