Purelements: An Evolution In Dance uses multiple facets of the performing arts as educational tools to evolve and transform the individuals and communities it serves, and to present dynamic performances that are socially relevant and impactful. Purelements’ mission unfolds through an art-in-education program, performing arts program, and its professional and pre-professional dance companies.
Role and Responsibilities
SONYC| Purelements (Middle School Expansion) After School Site Director manages programs during after school hours for children grades 6-8. During the designated hours, the Site Director provides leadership, direction, supervision, and support to program staff to ensure desired program goals and outcomes are met.
The Site Director must maintain positive relationships with all stakeholders (participants, parents, school staff and administration, funders, the community, and Purelements). The Site Director ensures contract compliance with respect to private, federal, state, and city government agencies that fund and license the program.
Site Directors generally work closely with Assistant Site Directors and day schools to provide an enriching and educationally sound experience via the following methods:
· Structure of the program based on the vision of the school and interests of the students and their parents.
· Manage the program staff and operations, as well as relationships with the community.
· Manage the operations of the afterschool program including ensuring that the staff has the tools and equipment they need to do their jobs.
· Monitoring the environment for health and safety hazards.
· Financial management of on-site program, in terms of budgeting, purchasing, and accounts payable.
· In some cases, the director is the spokesperson for the program, representing it to the community and the media.
· Manages evaluation and assessment procedures for the program.
· Through both formal and informal assessments, the director tracks the progress of the program and individual students and provides progress reports to parents, schools, and the Multi-Site Supervisor.
· Serves as the primary contact between Purelements and the school principal, and represents Purelements to the whole school community.
Applicants must have a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree and 5 years SONYC afterschool or related experience in education/youth development. If hired for this position, applicant must become certified in CPR and will be responsible for SACC licensing requirements and compliances at his/her site.
Salary: $40,000 - $50,000
No phone calls please. Only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
Purelements: An Evolution In Dance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.