Area of Focus:
Academic Support/Homework Help
Under the direction and daily supervision of the Program Director, the Elementary/Middle School Youth Educator will be responsible for facilitating and implementing enrichment programs for participants in K through 8th grade. The Youth Educator will work in collaboration with other staff members towards providing a program that fosters a student's academic and social growth.
- Research, develop and execute fun and engaging lesson plans (activities) to create opportunities for discovery, learning, adventure and recreation.
- Provide group and/or individual assistance to youth in their learning and engagement as well as supporting their development.
- Participate in indoor and outdoor activities assisting with daily set-up, daily clean up, and overall procedures.
- Use behavior management strategies to address misbehaviors effectively, promptly communicate behavior incidents with supervisors and other necessary staff and provide guidance and behavior modification as needed.
- Serve as a role model for all participants in our program.
- Complete necessary reports to track student progress and participation; daily attendance logs, pick-up sign-in sheets, etc.
- Responsible for area materials, room organization and reporting misused/damaged materials to the supervisor.
- Professionally communicate with all staff, guardians, children, and community members in a polite and respectful manner.
- Uphold program policies and procedures while promoting an inclusive, welcoming and respectful environment that embraces the diversity of all staff, participants and stakeholders.
- Actively participate in mandatory professional development training and meetings.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
HOURS: Sample schedule - After School – M-F 1pm – 6:30pm. – Subject to change.
This position may include but is not limited to remote work to stay in compliance with DYCD post-COVID requirements for the 2021-2022 programmatic year. THIS IS AN IN-PERSON POSITION.
Hudson Guild is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply:
REQUIREMENTS: Must have a minimum of an Associate Degree or qualifying credits and be at least 18 years of age. Must possess two or more years of experience and/or training in, education, elementary school youth, recreation and/or any other youth services field. Must have strong classroom management skills. Develop lesson plans. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must have adaptability in the workplace; including but not limited to working remotely and providing youth services and support through virtual platforms.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree. 2 or more years of relevant experience. Expertise in a special area (STEM, Recreation, Art, Music, Dance, Chess, Cooking, etc.)