Summary/Purpose of the Position
Global Kids, Inc. is seeking a dynamic, hard-working, and creative individual who is experienced in digital learning, youth development, global education, and social action, and is interested in running our Girl Hack program in New York City public high schools. We anticipate a mid-August start date. The Girl Hack program offers high school girls digital learning and design modules that introduce STEM skill-building opportunities. The program will build upon the exploration of girls’ and women’s issues to offer industry-specific case studies that allow participants to make cross-sectoral and cross-cultural connections. Modules on such topics as Sustainable Design, New Media & Entertainment, Environmental Policy, and GlobalHealth will be explored through a global lens and identify common issues impacting girls and women. Modules will also develop digital literacy and STEM skills in demand across a variety of industries including game design,
computer programming, architectural modeling, graphic design and marketing, app and website design, music production and project management.
● Develop and serve as lead facilitator of interactive, experiential workshops and activities for GK's weekly school-based Digital Learning and leadership (DLL) Girl Hack after-school programs.
● Design lessons appropriate for high school aged girls that uses technology and digital media to build global competency and youth leadership both in the in-school and out-of-school time settings.
● Conduct attendance outreach, recruitment and retention services including attendance monitoring and data review, data entry, conferences, attendance incentive activities and phone calls.
● Maintain documentation, program data entry records and provide periodic progress reports as necessary.
● Collaborate with DLL staff team to generate new program ideas and content focusing on connecting digital learning and technology with global and local issues.
● Co-lead professional development workshops for other educators
● Work with other staff and students to implement the annual Global Kids Youth Conference, annual retreat and other special projects.
● Provide guidance and referrals for social services to youth.