Hours: 2:00pm-6:00p.m. Monday through Friday
Location: Positions Available in Sunnyside PS 199
Group Leaders will report directly to the Program Director.
Group Leader will be in charge of a group of children and will be responsible for the overall care and safety of the children.
Group Leaders are responsible for conducting aged appropriate activities alongside the group’s Instructors.
This position will be a part of our Youth and Family Services offered at Sunnyside Community Services, which includes a pre-kindergarten program, after-school programs for elementary and middle school students, high school job readiness, career readiness, and enrichment programming and Adult and Immigrant Services.
· Ensure the safety of all program participants
· Submit age appropriate lesson plans and in a timely manner
· Assist Instructors in the implementation of lesson and activities
· Provide constant supervision to assigned groups of children
· Maintain room and activity areas cleaned and organized
· Motivate and maintain active involvement of program participants
· Attend all required meetings and trainings
· Must be 18 years old or older
· High School Diploma required, some college or relevant degree preferred.
· Experience working children, experience working in an afterschool environment preferred
· Excellent organizational and communication skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
· This position begins in September. Afterschool staff are expected to be committed to the position until the end of the school year in June.
How to apply: E-mail a cover letter and resume to Kelly Connolly Campus Director PS 199 Kconnolly@scsny.org. Please put “Afterschool Group Leader” in the subject line Sunnyside Community Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer